Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our Story

We got married May 19, 2006 in the Mount Timpanogos LDS Temple in Utah. We live in Omaha, NE and we have 4 amazing kids, Berkley, Nixon, Miles, and Cyrus. Our children bring us so much joy and we absolutely love being a family of 6!

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Update on contractions!

After having 76 contractions in 5 hours while at work last night, one of which lasting 13 minutes followed by another one literally one minute later, I decided to go to the Family Birth Place to be checked out. I'm SO glad that I did! One of the first things that they have you do is pee in a cup. I did so, as I have many times over the past couple of months, and I could tell that there was crap in it just by looking at it. I was very right! There were lots of leukocytes (White Blood Cells) in it and they determined that I definitely have a nasty UTI and possibly pyelonephritis (a kidney infection). After making this determination they decided to start an IV and give me some Rocephin (a strong antibiotic). One nurse came in and tried twice and my veins blew (probably related to the infection) and then another nurse came in and tried twice without success. After 4 IV start attempts, I decided to just get the Rocephin IM (in the butt). I was NOT excited! Especially since I was given a shot of Rocephin in the butt during the summer for a bad UTI and it still hurts occasionally. I decided that I didn't want to be poked any more though so I just wanted to get it done and over with! They came in and gave it to me in 2 shots (one in each butt cheek) and I am SUPER sore now! Both hands and wrists got poked and both butt cheeks! Talk about super uncomfortable! My hands hurt so badly afterwards that I could barely even get dressed so we decided to leave one of our cars there and we will just have to go get it later. We finally got home around 9:30 this morning, meaning that I was at the hospital for 17 hours straight and pretty much contracting the whole time! What an exhausting night! Anyways, the antibiotics should take care of this nasty infection pretty fast! They said that the infection was what was causing me to have so many contractions so things are good! Now I'm just hoping that I don't bruise too badly!

I have to say thanks to Aaron for being so sweet and supportive and for coming to the hospital after only 1 hour of sleep and then going to work all day! He truly is awesome!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! I am so sorry to hear about your pain! I hope you heal quickly and the pain doesn't stick around too much longer. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

    ReplyDelete