Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our Story

We got married May 19, 2006 in the Mount Timpanogos LDS Temple in Utah. We live in Omaha, NE and we have 4 amazing kids, Berkley, Nixon, Miles, and Cyrus. Our children bring us so much joy and we absolutely love being a family of 6!

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Our CrAzY Life

So last Sunday my mom called me. She asked what we were doing and it seemed like a normal phone call. That was until she told me the news. I didn't want to believe it and I still have a hard time making it reality in my mind.

I couldn't believe that my grandma had died.

I sobbed for hours. The next night I had to work. I quietly cried some more while sitting in a dark corner waiting for my babies to wake up. I thought I would never stop crying. It was terrible. I didn't wear makeup for days because I knew I would just cry, making my face the victim of a nasty paint war.

Anyways, we ended up going to California for the funeral and I got to see family that I see once a year, if that. The day before the funeral my family got to go to the mortuary to see my grandma. She didn't look anything like she has my whole life. She weighed about half of what she weighed before, looked and felt tiny in my arms, but she looked peaceful and beautiful. The most comforting thing is knowing that she isn't hurting anymore.

The funeral was very nice. It was closed-casket and short-and-sweet. It still just doesn't seem real that she's gone. I hate that I can't just call and talk to her. Needless to say our trip to California was definitely not a vacation. The day after her funeral we looked through her things. I learned a lot about my grandma that I didn't know before. Overall it was a good trip.

Aaron is in his final week of his Bachelor's degree (again) and we are so excited to have school over! He has one final project left and he is done. It won't be real until he has the diploma in his hands. He is now a yellow belt in Tae-Kwan-Do and can kick your butt if you mess with him so WATCH OUT!!! Hahaha!!! Yeah right! My sweetheart would never hurt anyone. He has a heart full of gold! I promise! Just last night he drove me to work at 12:30 AM and picked me up at 4 AM. That's right! I got the big winner for a husband! So once he is done with school he will hopefully get hired somewhere and we can be making the big bucks!

I have been working a lot lately. Just this week I am on my second EXTRA shift. Yeah. I still have to work Thursday, Friday, and Saturday! It will be a gorgeous paycheck though! Can't wait to have it in the bank! There isn't much else going on in our lives at the moment. We are just living life one day at a time and enjoying our time together!

No comments:

Post a Comment