Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our Story

We got married May 19, 2006 in the Mount Timpanogos LDS Temple in Utah. We live in Omaha, NE and we have 4 amazing kids, Berkley, Nixon, Miles, and Cyrus. Our children bring us so much joy and we absolutely love being a family of 6!

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Lindsey...such a BEAUTIFUL person! I miss you!

A month ago today one of the most amazing people I will ever know moved on into the next life. Lindsey was always such an awesome example and friend to me. She moved in when we wee going into 5th grade and we were all friends from then on. She always had a smile on her face and hardly ever got mad. I honestly don't ever remember fighting with her. I miss her like crazy but I am so thankful that she will NEVER suffer from another tumor again. My heart aches for all of her family and friends, especially her husband, Josh. I am thankful that we will be together again someday because I couldn't have an eternity of birthdays without her singing to me! If she's ever called you on your birthday, you know exactly what I mean. I was fortunate to be able to spend her last moments with her. It meant so much for me to be there.


This was the last picture with the two of us, just hours before she took her last breaths.


The funeral was 5 days after she passed. She always liked bright colors, especially yellow, so we dressed Berkley in her brightest dress! I'm sure Lindsey would have loved it!


Lindsey's family was so sweet and gave everyone who was very close to her flowers to put on her casket before she was buried. This is a picture of me putting the flower on.



The night of her funeral we met down at Utah Lake at the Lindon boat harbor to light off Chinese lanterns.


It was a beautiful night. A little bit windy, but a nice temperature.


This says "Living Through Laughter" in the sand. This was Lindsey's motto! She's such an inspirational person and I have a much stronger testimony that miracles, and anything for that matter, are possible through our Heavenly Father.


Aaron, Berkley, Me, Kathleen, and Eric just before the lantern launching began.


I wrote this in the sand. It's true! ANYONE who knew her, loves her!


This was written on each lantern. Such a sweet message!


Aaron and Eric attempting to light the lantern. The wind was not cooperating.


One of the lanterns floating off into the distance. It was a BEAUTIFUL way to end the day! I'm thankful that we were able to participate, even though our lantern didn't want to take off.


My sweet visiting teacher brought me this little treat with a sweet note expressing her sympathy.


Lindsey's story is amazing and beautiful just like her. Please take the time to let it touch your heart by reading it at forlindsey.blogspot.com or livingthroughlaughter.com. You can also donate to help cover all of the medical bills and other expenses that were necessary to keep her here with us as long as she was.


I miss you and love you, Lindsey!

No comments:

Post a Comment