Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our Story

We got married May 19, 2006 in the Mount Timpanogos LDS Temple in Utah. We live in Omaha, NE and we have 4 amazing kids, Berkley, Nixon, Miles, and Cyrus. Our children bring us so much joy and we absolutely love being a family of 6!

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Pregnancy Brain, Allergies, Family, and More!

Anyone would think that my stupid moment last week would have made me more aware of my stupidity and that things would get better. I thought so, but I was SO wrong!

Here's what happened last week. We got new tires on our SUV a few months ago and they have a sweet 80,000 mile warranty on them. In order to keep the warranty, the tires have to be rotated every so often and that time happened to be this last week. I decided that I would get off the couch, get dressed, and be productive for the day.

I took my SUV to Jiffy Lube, told them that I needed the tires rotated to maintain the warranty, gave them the key, and sat in the waiting room. The room was not how I remembered it being when we had the tires put on, but seeing as I was still in my first trimester and SUPER nauseated by the smell of tires when we got them put on, I figured that I just had not paid enough attention.

I sat down and called a few people to keep myself busy. While on the phone with my mom, I realized that I was DEFINITELY at the wrong place. I was supposed to be at Big O Tires. I hurried and hung up with my mom, ran out to where my SUV was, told the employees that I was at the wrong place, then realized that it was too late. I was SO upset! I started sobbing right in front of everybody, called Aaron to explain what an idiot I had been, asked how much it was going to cost me, and cried some more.

After dabbing my eyes dry in their nasty bathroom, I went back to the waiting room. When they came to tell me it was done, the tears started rolling again. I unwillingly paid the $23 to have my stupid tires rotated at the wrong store, got in my car to drive to my doctor's appointment that I was late for, and started sobbing AGAIN! I cried for 15 minutes, explaining to Aaron on the phone that I was a total idiot and I couldn't believe that I had wasted that money which could have been spent on clothes for our baby girl. I cried until I was heaving, which happens far too often, and Aaron told me that I needed to calm down and that he didn't care. Little did I know at the time that I was so loud that his manager and co-worker both heard me sobbing like an idiot. When I did find out, I was SO humiliated! I will have to make sure to cry more quietly to him next time.

I went to my appointment with the ENT where I found out that I am allergic to cow's milk, egg whites, and wheat, which is why I was covered in hives a few weeks ago and had to go to the ER because I couldn't breathe. I decided this past weekend that I would make a point to go off the eggs and milk after my brother got home because we were going to Golden Corral and I wanted to eat whatever I wanted. BAD DECISION! I had scrambled eggs at Jeremiah's for breakfast on Saturday. A few hours later, the hives were starting on my hands and later showed up on my belly. I took some Claritin and they went away, but I haven't eaten eggs or drank milk since.

So we were at my parents' house this past weekend because my brother, Jace, came home from South Africa on Saturday and my brother, Austin, got his Eagle on Sunday. We left this morning to come home so Aaron could go to work. We were near Layton when I realized that I couldn't find my purse. I couldn't think about where it would be. I called my mom to see if she had seen it. YUP! It was in her bedroom, where I left it last night! WHAT AN IDIOT! I honestly don't think that I have EVER forgotten my purse and I'm still not sure how it happened! So now I am trapped at home because I don't have a wallet (which happens to hold my license and debit card) and it SUPER SUCKS! My mom is going to be awesome and bring it up to me later this afternoon though. Hopefully she makes it before I have to go to work. I am honestly wondering what stupid thing I will do next. I'm frightened that I might leave without clothes on one of these days, especially at this rate!

On the more positive side, my baby girl is super active! She kicks me ALL day long and I LOVE it! Aaron has felt her several times now, which is really exciting! She absolutely hates when I am on the laptop and she sits here and kicks at it and I think it's SO funny! We get to have another appointment in 2 weeks and then another one with the perinatologist on the 5th of October. We will get to find out if I still have a placenta previa when we go to the perinatologist and we will find out if I am having a C-section depending on my placenta. No matter what, all I want is for my baby girl to keep growing and to make her way here when she is ready, even though we are already almost 100% ready for her!

3 comments:

  1. Oh yay I love hearing how things are going and am so excited for you guys!! That is kind of funny about the tire story though, haha, ah crying. I cried all the time when I was pregant and I was looking foward to that going away when I had Eve... but it didn't :-( Better luck for you huh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey at my last appointment I had the placenta previa going on too. I feel the same way, as long as my baby is healthy I don't care if I have to have a c-section or not. I hope that you guys haven't bought to much stuff, some of us wanna get ya stuff for your baby shower. (Hope I'm invited)

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't worry, i was a total emotional disaster during my pregnancy. so normal. i had to call in sick to work a couple of times because i couldn't stop crying. love the stories, though. you might hate it now but it will be so fun to remember later on when she's here.
    keep up the good work, mommy!

    ReplyDelete